[Samba] Access Windows AD share From Linux

Kenneth R Leach kleach2 at csc.com
Mon Jun 11 13:09:44 GMT 2007

Adam,

No luck. I get the same "Permission denied" error, when attempting to
access the mount.

Thanks.

Kenneth R. Leach
Computer Sciences Corporation
100 Decadon Dr.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
kleach2 at csc.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Tauno Williams <adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com>
Sent by: samba-bounces+kleach2=csc.com at lists.samba.org
06/11/2007 08:52 AM
Please respond to
adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Samba] Access Windows AD share From Linux

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 08:05 -0400, Kenneth R Leach wrote:
> I am trying to mount and access a Windows share, from one of our Active
> Directory servers to one of our RedHat Enterprise 4 Linux hosts. I have
> used Samba in the past to do the opposite, which worked very well.
>
> I was successful in mounting the share, using the following:
>
> mount -t smbfs -o username=<myid>,password=<mypassword> //<AD
> Server>/<Share> /mnt/app1
> However, when I "cd" into the "/mnt/app1" directory and try to list the
> contents I get a "Permission Denied" error.

Try passing the mount command to "noperm" option.

mount -t smbfs -o
username=<myid>,password=<mypassword>,noperm //<ADServer>/<Share>
/mnt/app1

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com