[Samba] Who is domain controller for DHCP, DNS, IIS etc

Brijesh Shukla shukla.brijesh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:51:02 GMT 2007

I am trying te set up a test lab to test my application.
In my test lab I need to install Domain Controller (With Active Directory) ,
DNS server , IIS Server and DHCP server.
I have to install each server on different test machine.
for example

Domain Server(Active Directory) on Machine-1
DNS server on Machine-2
IIS Server on Machine-3
DHCP Server on Machine-4

for example domain name is "MYLAB.TEST"

I am confuse after installation,
Do i need to make Machine-1 as a domain controller for all other server
server (e.g ..DNS on Machine-2,IIS Server on Machine-3
DHCP Server on Machine-4)
If Yes then
Which machine will boot first
If I boot my DHCP server first then how could it get its domain controller
If I boot my Domain Controller first how could it get Dynamicaly address
from DHCP server..
Same question for IIS and DNS..

Do i really need to worry about racing for first boot among the machines...
Kindly teach me

Thanks in advance
Brijesh Shukla