[Samba] Re: Unable to set/authenticate to correct domain...

Matt sokkerstud_11 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:40:53 GMT 2007

> Any thoughts on why it's looking at the "netbios name" field?
>
> -Matt

When I set both the workgroup and netbios name fields to mydomain, usernames
worked without the domain name in front of them, but I have now discovered that
group names don't work either way.  Instead, I get an error along the lines of
"+testers does not start with S-" -- so it looks like it's looking for an SID
again, instead of resolving the group name.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-Matt