[Samba] Re: Unable to set/authenticate to correct domain...

Matt sokkerstud_11 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 16:19:26 GMT 2007

> For anyone following along, I figured out what the problem was.

I have another update on this issue.  It turns out that the root of the problem
is that it's searching for the domain object specifically associated with the
"netbios name" field in smb.conf, instead of the "workgroup" field.  Is it
supposed to do that??

In any case, if I change the "netbios name" field to "mydomain" instead of
"p505" (the name of the machine) it correctly associates the domain search with
the right object in the LDAP tree.  Also, once I did this, I no longer needed to
include the domain name before the user name in the access definitions...

Any thoughts on why it's looking at the "netbios name" field?

-Matt