[Samba] Re: Trouble adding to domain

Matt sokkerstud_11 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:18:00 GMT 2007

> My problem seems to have been related to how the ldap records were set
> up.  Just so everyone knows the computer entry based off my config file
> should look like:
>
> # SIRGUAIN$, computer, igb.uiuc.edu
> dn: uid=SIRGUAIN$,ou=computer,dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
> uid: SIRGUAIN$
> sambaSID: S-none-of-yo-bidness-1000
> objectClass: sambaSamAccount
> objectClass: account
> displayName: SIRGUAIN$
> sambaAcctFlags: [W          ]
> sambaPwdMustChange: 9223372036854775807
> sambaPwdCanChange: 1181057492
> sambaNTPassword: noneyobidnesseither
> sambaPwdLastSet: 1181057492
>
> Instead of:
>
> # lancelot1$, computer, igb.uiuc.edu
> dn: uid=lancelot1$,ou=computer,dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> cn: lancelot1$
> sn: lancelot1$
> uid: lancelot1$
> uidNumber: 1009
> gidNumber: 515
> homeDirectory: /dev/null
> loginShell: /bin/false
> gecos: Computer
>
> However smbldap-useradd created the latter.  What am I doing wrong that
> does this?
>
> thanks,
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Are you able to add computers correctly strictly from the command line? (Instead
of trying from the remote machine itself)?  If not there are a couple things I
can think of:
1) It may be a dumb question, but did you extended the schema of your LDAP
database to include Samba schema?
2) There may be an issue with the smbldap-useradd script you are using.  I found
that I had to modify a few of the scripts manually to get them to work just
right.  I don't think I have the exact same version as you, but you may want to
throw some echo statements (for running it from the command line) around the
lines that are supposed to add it including the sambaSAMAccount object class to
make sure it's doing what you think it should be.

Hopefully that will at least give you something to try.

-Matt