[Samba] Trouble adding to domain

Cardon Denis denis.cardon at tranquilitsystems.com
Tue Jun 5 19:50:28 GMT 2007

Daniel Davidson a écrit :
> My problem seems to have been related to how the ldap records were set
> up.  Just so everyone knows the computer entry based off my config file
> should look like:
>
> # SIRGUAIN$, computer, igb.uiuc.edu
> dn: uid=SIRGUAIN$,ou=computer,dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
> uid: SIRGUAIN$
> sambaSID: S-none-of-yo-bidness-1000
> objectClass: sambaSamAccount
> objectClass: account
> displayName: SIRGUAIN$
> sambaAcctFlags: [W          ]
> sambaPwdMustChange: 9223372036854775807
> sambaPwdCanChange: 1181057492
> sambaNTPassword: noneyobidnesseither
> sambaPwdLastSet: 1181057492
>
> Instead of:
>
> # lancelot1$, computer, igb.uiuc.edu
> dn: uid=lancelot1$,ou=computer,dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: posixAccount
> cn: lancelot1$
> sn: lancelot1$
> uid: lancelot1$
> uidNumber: 1009
> gidNumber: 515
> homeDirectory: /dev/null
> loginShell: /bin/false
> gecos: Computer
>

> However smbldap-useradd created the latter.  What am I doing wrong that
> does this?

Perhaps you are missing the -a flag. Indeed, in order for
smbldap-useradd script to create a SambaSAMAccount entry, you need to
add the -a flag, whether you are running from command line or from
inside the smb.conf file. Excerpt from the smbldap-useradd help :
  -a    is a Windows User (otherwise, Posix stuff only)

Hope this helps,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon