[Samba] smbclient and mount.cifs having problems accessing Win XP shares

giuseppe furlan giuseppe.furlan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:44:54 GMT 2007

Hi Guys
I am using samba-3.0.10 and Redhat Enterprise 4
on a linux machine called "c4dev".

I have this share on my XP machine called "Spare110-lt"
setup with access to "Everyone" and had Guest account
enabled.

Windows XP IP address : 192.168.1.68
Samba server address : 192.168.1.65

Both machines are in the same workgroup called "IOKO365".
When I try to access shared folder  I got this.

[root at c4dev ~]# smbclient -d 3 -L Spare110-lt -U administrator
lp_load: refreshing parameters
Initialising global parameters
params.c:pm_process() - Processing configuration file "/etc/samba/smb.conf"
Processing section "[global]"
added interface ip=192.168.1.65 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Client started (version 3.0.10-1.4E.9).
Connecting to 192.168.1.68 at port 445
Password:
Doing spnego session setup (blob length=115)
got OID=1 2 840 48018 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2
got OID=1 2 840 113554 1 2 2 3
got OID=1 3 6 1 4 1 311 2 2 10
got principal=spare110-lt$@UK.IOKO365.COM
Got challenge flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x62890215
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080215
SPNEGO login failed: No logon servers
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

Windows log :
Logon Failure:
	Reason:		An error occurred during logon
	User Name:	administrator
	Domain:		IOKO365
	Logon Type:	3
	Logon Process:	NtLmSsp
	Authentication Package:	Wave Authentication Package
	Workstation Name:	C4DEV
	Status code:	0xC000005E
	Substatus code:	0x0

no luck with cifs as well :

[root at c4dev ~]# mount.cifs //192.168.1.68/SAMBA /mnt/share -o
user=administrator
Password:
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

my smb.conf :

#========== Global Settings ===
[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = IOKO365

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   server string = Samba Server

# if you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

# this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
# all log information in one file
#   log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
   max log size = 50

# Security mode. Most people will want user level security. See
# security_level.txt for details.
   security = user

# You may wish to use password encryption. Please read
# ENCRYPTION.txt, Win95.txt and WinNT.txt in the Samba documentation.
# Do not enable this option unless you have read those documents
    encrypt passwords = yes
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

# Most people will find that this option gives better performance.
# See speed.txt and the manual pages for details

# DNS Proxy - tells Samba whether or not to try to resolve NetBIOS names
# via DNS nslookups. The built-in default for versions 1.9.17 is yes,
# this has been changed in version 1.9.18 to no.
   dns proxy = no

#=================== Share Definitions ================
   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431