[Samba] Help for ber_printf(ber, "N}" in pdb_ldap.c

Li, Ying (ESG) ying.li2 at hp.com
Mon Jun 4 21:14:24 GMT 2007

Hello,

When the option "ldap passwd sync = yes" was used in smb.conf, we got an
error with "Unknown format" on ber_prinf(ber, "N}" in passdb/pdb_ldap.c
for Netscape LDAP SDK. This would block password change. By checking
Openldap manpage at
http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ber_printf&apropos=0&sekt
ion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.3-Release&format=html, I didn't see the
definition of the "N" format character either. I only saw the lower case
format character "n"(Null). Therefore, I'd like to know what is the
meaning of the encoding format character "N".

 ber_printf( ber, "N}" );

Could somebody run into the problem, or can help me?

Thanks in advance.
-Ying