[Samba] Rpcclient adddriver Samba 3.0.25

Mark Gannon mark at truenorth.nu
Mon Jun 4 15:23:32 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use rpcclient to add a driver to a Samba 3.0.25 running on
Gentoo.  When I run the script below, rpcclient prints out the same message
as if "--help" was submitted as the only switch.

#!/bin/bash -x

RPC="/usr/local/samba/bin/rpcclient"

ARCH='Windows NT R4000'
#ARCH='Windows NT x86'
DRIVER='HP LaserJet 4Si/4Si MX
PS:pscript.dll:hp4si_v4.ppd:pscriptui.dll:pscript.hlp:NULL:raw:NULL'
SYSTEM=scooby

$RPC -U markg -c adddriver "$ARCH" "$DRIVER" $SYSTEM

The correct files are copied to: /var/lib/samba/printers/W32MIPS.  And there
is a directory named "2" under the W32MIPS directory.

I've also tried adding it from the rpcclient prompt, which produced the
following error message:  WERR_UNKNOWN_PRINTER_DRIVER

Any suggestions as to how I can accomplish adding this driver would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Mark Gannon

--
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,

- Mark Twain