[Samba] Repost: Can't follow DFS link

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Sat Jun 2 11:45:58 GMT 2007

On 6/1/07, Kent Tong <kent at cpttm.org.mo> wrote:

>   smb_flg2=51203

Kent, I know you already rebooted the client since we discussed this before
(though did you reboot the terminal server?).  This flags2 value is 0xC803,
and we need to see the 0x1000 bit on before we recognize that the client is
interested in DFS pathnames.  So now comes the tricky part...why is this
client different from your other client that works?  Can you give me
anything on how you connected, security environment (ADS vs USER vs DOMAIN),
or even how you specified the server address (netbios name, dns name, ip
address)?  These can all play a role, unfortunately, in how a window client
decides to ask for DFS referrals.