[Samba] Interdomain Trust the NT-style

Thorkil Olesen thorkil at pip.dknet.dk
Fri Jun 1 17:35:11 GMT 2007

I have upgraded to SAMBA 3.0.25a and that broke my interdomain trust to Windows
2003.

I have seen a similar error before, so I don't think it is directly related to
the new version. But I still need som help...

Creating the trust (CALYPSO is the Windows 2003-server):

[root at linux /root]# net rpc trustdom establish kontor
Password:
Could not connect to server CALYPSO
Trust to domain KONTOR established

Looking up:

[root at linux /root]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

And the winbindd.log says:

[2007/06/01 19:08:29, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(226)
  kerberos_kinit_password DRIFT at KONTOR.NET failed: Cannot find KDC for requested
 realm
[2007/06/01 19:08:29, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_ads.c:ads_cached_connection(127)
  ads_connect for domain KONTOR failed: Cannot find KDC for requested realm

Of course it cannot connect the domain using kerberos, but why does it try?

How do I convince SAMBA to use old-fashioned RPC for the Interdomain Trust?

--
Thorkil Olesen
Hanstholm, Denmark.