[Samba] RE: Getting owner of files on Mounted Windows Share (3rd attempt)

Ben Tisdall ben at redcircleit.com
Thu Jul 19 15:53:11 GMT 2007

Terlson, Adam (STP) wrote:
> Are people just ignoring my question because I messed something up, not
> getting it, or does no one know anything?

Adam,

I have several replies to your question from the list in my inbox, so
try checking the archives if they didn't reach you for some reason.

In summary, Windows ownerships don't pass through with smbfs, the
ownerships will be those specified as options to the mount command, or
if none are specified they will default to root:root. Check the manpage
for smbmount for more details.

--
Ben Tisdall