[Samba] ERROR RUNNING SAMBA IN SOLARIS 8

RRRaguindin at smart.com.ph RRRaguindin at smart.com.ph
Wed Jan 10 02:11:53 GMT 2007

hi all,

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/submitted/samba_on_solaris8.html

this is in reference to the article posted above.
i was able to install samba-3.0.22-1-noads-sunos5.9-sparc.pkg.gz on my Sunfire 280R, testparm went OK, can ping & access SWAT using my Win98 desktop browser.

however, when i try accessing the share folder using my desktop, as in,
Start > Run > \\<280R-ip-address>
i get an error message saying the 280R ip address can't be found.

how do i fix this?

i also get the ff. error running smbclient:

root at smartvideo1 # /opt/samba/bin/smbclient -L smartvideo1
ld.so.1: /opt/samba/bin/smbclient: fatal: libreadline.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
root at smartvideo1 #

thanks!
®³

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and authorized recipients.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged information and is subject to the conditions in http://www.smart.com.ph/disclaimer.