[Samba] Global Address List & Joining Domain

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Wed Jan 10 06:07:48 GMT 2007

I'm running FC6 and Evolution 2.8.2. I can read my e-mail from the
Exchange server but I can't access the global address list (GAL). I have
the server name but it always reports an error saying either the server
name is wrong or its not available (I can ping the server). Does the
linux computer have to join the domain in order to get access? I'm
behind the firewall and directly connected to the network. How does one
authenticate to get access to the GAL?

Rick B.