[Samba] how to debug roaming profiles

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 23:44:06 GMT 2007

On 1/27/07, Marc Delisle <Marc.Delisle at cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
> I had to install a new Samba server (3.0.23b). Home dir and account were copied. I join a machine to the domain, but the stored profiles do not work.  How can I debug that (in which log files)?
>
> I checked the usual suspect: permissions; they seem ok to me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc Delisle
>
> --
I had the same problem after upgrading to 3.0.23 from 3.0.22. On some
XP and win2K machines after logging in an error box appeared saying
the the profile could not be loaded. There were no samba errors and
after logging in with a temp profile the user could fully access all
the files in their profile. It turns out that  setting the following
in the global settings fixed the problem for me:

profile acls = yes

John