[Samba] SBS Backup User

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Thu Jan 25 19:23:19 GMT 2007

Vernon,

Assuming that the SBS backup user is a member of "Backup Operators", the
table at
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.html
says:

Well-Known Entity = Builtin Backup Operators, RID = 551, Type = Alias,
Essential = No.

Try {net groupmap add rid =551 ntgroup="Backup Operators" unixgroup=bin
type=builtin}.
I've also seen examples with unixgroup=daemon.

Good luck,
Dale