[Samba] Samba v3.0.23a BROKE my network

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:55:02 GMT 2007

Not that I don't understand your frustration. I do. I guess it boils
down to whether I would prefer the developers concentrate on fixing bugs
and improving functionality or for them to expend energy on helping
prevent me from doing something bad that goes against best practices. I
overwhelmingly prefer the former.

If someone out there has the wherewithal to write some kind of upgrade
checker that has the functionality you desire, I hope they come forward
and do so. Otherwise, I'm content for the developers to keep doing what
they are doing and focus on getting Samba 4 ready for prime time. But
that's just me and I can't speak for anyone else.