[Samba] Samba v3.0.23a BROKE my network

Chris Hall chris.hall at halldom.com
Wed Jan 24 21:39:33 GMT 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 you wrote
>No offense,

None taken.

> but making any software update or change to a production system
>without first testing it in a test environment is an administrative
>issue, not a software issue.

That could have reduced my users' blood pressure...

...but doesn't change my opinion that software should be written to
avoid obscure failure caused by obvious misconfiguration -- particularly
in the case of an upgrade which turns a previously working configuration
into a broken one !

>It isn't terribly difficult to configure a test environment that would
>allow you to see if everything works as expected.

Sure.  But I'm not trying to run a nuclear power station here.

Chris

--
Chris Hall   @ Home                                         +44 (0)7970 277 383