[Samba] Question about Samba 2.2.7 and AD 2003

Carlos Randolph macnlos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 20:28:50 GMT 2007

We have some legacy servers that are running AIX 5.2 and participating in a
NT4 Domain.  We are migrating from NT4 Domains toward AD 2003.  We have
successfully upgraded the NT4 Domain Controller to AD 2003 but it is running
in Mixed Mode.  Now we are at a point where we want to put DC into Native
Mode but this is really a one way process and can't be undone.

I'm reading that the transition from Mixed to Native mode affects how DCs
talk to each other, not how a client talks or authenticates.  This would
leave me to believe that since our 2.2.7 samba server is currently
authenticating successfully that it would continue to do so.

Has anyone else done something similar or see any concerns that I should be
aware of?

Thanks,
Macnlos