[Samba] Assign different shells to

M Azer azermina at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 01:38:30 GMT 2007

I have Samba 3.0 running on SuSE 9.0 using winbindd to
authenticate my users. Everthing works properly. I
have set the template shell for winbind to /bin/false
as I don't want to give everyone shell access to the
server.

However, there are some users that require shell
access. How can I set a real shell for those domain
users that need a shell on the machine ? What's the
procedure for overriding the winbind default of /bin
false for selected users?

I am wondering if there is an option to assign different shells to
specific users in a winbind setup. As far as I can see, the template shell
option is an "all or nothing" scenario. Is this the case?