[Samba] Assign different shells to

Tim Boneko lists at boneko.de
Sun Jan 21 19:42:55 GMT 2007

M Azer schrieb:

> However, there are some users that require shell
> access. How can I set a real shell for those domain
> users that need a shell on the machine ?

Hello!
I don't have winbind installed and can't test it, but what about this idea:

If winbind allowed to use some sort of default shell setting (like
reading the shell from /etc/passwd), it should be possible to set a
different shell for each user there and configure a "winbind default
shell" like /bin/false for the rest of the users.

The english section of my brain seems a bit sleepy today. Did you get my
idea? And: is it any worth?

	timbo