[Samba] folder redirection of my documents

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Wed Jan 17 21:25:20 GMT 2007

I have a PC running XP that several users share.  I've logged in as them
on it and right clicked on my documents and redirected it for each
person to r:\my documents so that their roaming profiles will load
faster.  I've ran into a problem that when anyone logs out on this PC,
XP attempts to synchronize my documents of everyone that has logged into
that PC with folder redirection.

for example users awilliam, cdear, rcole, all have folder redirection on
that PC, upon logout, a synchronization dialog box pops up with:

c:\documents and settings\awilliam\my documents synchronizing to
\\server\awilliam\my documents
c:\documents and settings\rcole\my documents synchronizing to
\\server\rcole\my documents
c:\documents and settings\cdear\my documents synchronizing to
\\server\cdear\my documents

but, awilliam doesn't have write permissions to rcole and cdear, so XP
pops up a login/password box.  Only way to get rid of that dialog box is
to stop and skip the synchronization.  I'm running samba 3.0.23c on
CentOS 4.4.  Any suggestions?