RE [Samba] smbldap-useradd question

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Wed Jan 17 15:05:47 GMT 2007

IdealX tools is for manage users in ldap tree, not in passwd.
Normally , the data of users in LDAP contain necessary attribute for unix
account.
You can use pam_ldap & nss_ldap pour unix auth from LDAP.

For mail box, you must create one manually or modify the smbldap-useradd
script !

-----------------------------------
Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467

Jason Baker <jbaker at glastender.com>
Envoyé par : samba-bounces+stephane.purnelle=corman.be at lists.samba.org
17/01/2007 15:14

samba List <samba at lists.samba.org>
cc

Objet
[Samba] smbldap-useradd question

I have Samba 3 setup to work with LDAP and I am using the IdealX tools
to create new users. If I issue the command /./smbldap-useradd -m -a -c
"User Name" username/, then my new user is added, but I do not see the
user in //etc/passwd/ and there is no entry in //var/mail/. Do I need to
create a Unix account for this user also? They already have a /home
directory. If I want a mail box for the user, could I just create one
manually?
--

*Jason Baker
*/IT Coordinator/