[Samba] SMBFS in FC6

Prins, C. cprins at oldelft.nl
Tue Jan 16 12:26:10 GMT 2007

Hallo,

Im trying to get the support for smbfs back in FC6_x86_64.
I've been told (correct me if I'm wrong) that the newest version of samba has suppoort for smbs
I download the samba-3.0.23d from http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Fedora/RPMS/i386/core/5/
But these are the files for FC 5 (besides they are for th i386 system)
Installing samba-3.0.23d-1.i386.rpm results in an error (libgnutls.so.12 is needed. I have libgnutls.so.13 I tried to make a symbolic link for libgnutls.so.12 but that didn't work either)

I also tried to compile the source but somehow I end up with lots of errors.
Is there somebody with a rpm package for FC6_x86_64 ?

In which samba file is the smbfs support located (I can install the common and client file)?

Thanks in advance

Christian Prins
Oldelft B.V.
Tel. +31 (0)15 2698955