[Samba] Active directory usergroups to use with samba

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Wed Jan 17 16:31:33 GMT 2007

On 01/16/2007 09:44 AM, matthieu.lusseaud at latelec.com escreveu:
> Hi,
> I have a Samba 3 server which authenticate in AD. Is it
> possible to map windows usergroups against UNIX ones?

	Hmmm... yes it is, but I'm not sure if it is in
the way you want it. :-)

	Did you try to setup winbind? Sounds more with
what you want. You can also check Samba By Example (and
of course, Samba Official HOWTO), they have a lot of
important information and examples about this.

		http://samba.org/samba/docs/

> In the logs, I see several SIDs whenever an user authenticate
> itself, but I don't know how to use them.
> For example, here is my [global]
> [global]
>         dos charset = iso-8859-1
>         unix charset = iso-8859-1
>         workgroup = INFELEC
>         realm = REALM.LOCAL
>         netbios name = LINUXSA
>         netbios aliases = LINUXSAMBA
>         server string = Serveur  Samba %v
>         security = ADS
>         password server = passwd1 passwd2
>         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
>         password level = 8
>         username level = 8
>         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>         max log size = 50
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>         dns proxy = No
>         ldap ssl = no
>
> Does anyone can help me?

	I hope this info helps you. ;)