[Samba] Samba and Windows XP: "foogroup is not accessible"

thomas Armstrong tarmstrong at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 11:16:04 GMT 2007

Hi.

I've got Samba 3.0 on a Linux FC2 machine, and Windows XP on another machine.

When trying to access from Windows to Linux through 'fooworkgroup', I
get this error message:
"foogroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup
is currently not available."

The '/etc/samba/smb.conf' on the Linux FC machine is:
------
[global]
        workgroup = foogroup
        netbios name = pc01