[Samba] maybe OT: Univention.de UCS

Ingo Steuwer steuwer at univention.de
Thu Jan 11 14:05:07 GMT 2007

Hallo Mario,

Am Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2007 15:39 schrieb mario:
> Hello List,
>
> the UCS GUI Univention made looks quite nice and useful. Since they put
> it open source it became interesting for us.
>
> I am a little confused that they only provide ISO images and not the
> Management Project as source code since I don't want to depend on them.

at the moment we provide our customers installation-ISOs (please note that our
binary-packages are not available under GPL), so to meet the GPL-rules the
sources are also downloadble as ISO.

In future we wan't to provide more typical "OSS-infrastructure" around those
packages (mailinglist, SVN) but there is no timetable for that. So far there
is a forum at http://forum.univention.de you may use.

> Has someone got a little experience with it?

little ;-)

Regards,
Ingo Steuwer

--
** Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT vom 15.-21.3.2007 in Hannover **
           ** Im Linux-Park - Halle 5 - Stand G57/3 **

Ingo Steuwer            Projektmanagement         steuwer at univention.de
Univention GmbH         Linux for your Business   fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Mary-Somerville-Str.1   28359 Bremen              fax: +49 421 22 232-99
                        http://www.univention.de