[Samba] smbd keeps maxing out the cpu, must reboot server constantly

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Sat Jan 6 04:43:12 GMT 2007

Err, because I had not heard of (or remembered of) strace.  I'll check
it out.  I've also discovered, there is one computer (maybe others, too)
that whenever it connects the processor maxes out.  I tried it a couple
time... rebooting the file server, connect from that computer, and see
the proc max-out.  Looking specifically at the logs for that computer,
may give me some insight, but it will have to wait until probably
Monday.

James Dinkel
Network Engineer
Butler County of Kansas

There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary,
and those who don't.

Ubuntu