[Samba] 3.0.23d - call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x90078): Currently not implemented

ryan punt rpunt at good-sam.com
Tue Jan 2 22:26:37 GMT 2007

All,

Since upgrading to 3.0.23d on several linux servers, I'm seeing the following error repeatedly in my logs:

Jan  2 15:05:49 boothost smbd[27935]: [2007/01/02 15:05:49, 0] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2332)
Jan  2 15:05:49 boothost smbd[27935]:   call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x90078): Currently not implemented.

Aside from the obvious, what does this error mean? I've googled for this specific error, but didn't have much luck. Should I just ignore these errors? So far as I can tell, service to XP clients is not affected.

[global]from one of the server's smb.conf follows. Testparm report no problems.

[global]
workgroup = GSS
netbios name = BOOTHOST-1230
server string = 1230 Boothost Server
password server = test-pdc.1240.good-sam.com
map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = Yes
security = domain
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log