[Samba] Samba + Quantum StorNext FS (SNFS)

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 28 21:08:12 GMT 2007

hi,

thank you for your answer.
currently we run several clients on SNFS:
- MAC OSX
- WinXP 32
- RedHat EL 4

the linux machine exports one filesystem via samba.
now we want to upgrade to:

- more WinXP machines (64Bit, so we have to wait for v3.0)
- more linux/ samba servers, which export 10TB SNFS partitions each (5x)

in total there will be ~22 SNFS clients, five of them samba servers.

so far we did not experience any trouble with samba + SNFS on the one
node. i'm afraid this could change with more samba servers without
having any ideas why. that's why i'm posting, hoping for experiences
with samba + SNFS in large enterprises. i think SNFS is not fully POSIX
compliant or is there any document from ADIC which proves the opposite?

 > But it is possible to export the same folders from both sides.
how would you accomplish this as this could break locking? or are you
speaking about r/o exports?

thx!
micha