[Samba] Printer Settings Lost

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Wed Feb 21 04:33:58 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a Samba 3.0.23c domain controller, several printers are installed
through cups (some printers are set up multiple times with different
default trays). All printers have windows drivers loaded and configured.
One particular printer (which is installed 4 times) is losing its setup,
it goes from having 4 trays to having 1, the default tray jumps to
either tray1 or auto.

It doesn't always always effect all copies, although it has effected all
copies at least once each. The printers are added to the workstation by
a logon script. Part of the script runs as a domain admin and installs
the printers so that the drivers are available for limited users, later
in the script the printers are installed as the user actually logging on.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing the lost settings or how I can
stop it?

Thanks

Michael Heydon