[Samba] My Net is busted

Daniel Davidson danield at igb.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 20 22:32:00 GMT 2007

Fired up wireshark, and when I do net usersidlist it does not create
traffic to the ldap server.  I can verify that wireshark is working by
doing a ping, and I can see the traffic that takes place when a standard
login to the server takes place.  However when I do a net usersidlist or
something that I would expect to generate ldap traffic, it does not do
anything.  How can a standard login work properly (so my smb.conf works
right) but this act like the server is pointed int the wrong direction.

Dan