[Samba] My Net is busted

Daniel Davidson danield at igb.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 13 18:21:14 GMT 2007

CNRG is a posixgroup:

# cnrg, group, igb.uiuc.edu
dn: cn=cnrg,ou=group,dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
cn: cnrg
objectClass: posixGroup
gidNumber: 102
memberUid: danield

I have smbldap-tools configured, I believe properly, and I can run them
and make them work.  However, I have not been using them and have
created my own scripts for use with my specific needs.  One guess I have
is that I am missing something from the group entry that samba needs,
but I am not sure.

Ldap group suffix is set, from smb.conf:

ldap group suffix = ou=group
ldap suffix = dc=igb,dc=uiuc,dc=edu
ldap ssl = on
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap machine suffix = ou=computer

I have not fired up wireshark yet, I was hoping to avoid that.  If this
does not give anyone hints on what I am doing wrong, I will bite the
bullet and get it installed.

Dan