[Samba] hosts allow on smb.conf

Daniel Sung dsung at shipco.com
Thu Feb 15 01:30:43 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have some query about the samba security, we are trying to setup
remote map drive for vpn client, since this kind of client connection
which using different IP address,  the only way we can do is to set
'hosts allow' to nothing.  We just want to know if this change is risky
or not, our samba was setup as a DC, and client computers already join
to Linux Domain.  The VPN protocol is using ipsec and the samba is
inside the network which has Firewall protected.

Kindly please advice if any comments about that.

--
B.Rgds

Daniel Sung
Information Technology - Shipco Transport

Tel : +852 2574 3188 (General Lines)
Tel : +852 2574 7274 (Direct Line)
Fax : +852 2573 3936
e-mail : dsung at shipco.com