[Samba] Samba Single Folder everyone can access

chase.dayton chase.dayton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 23:48:02 GMT 2007

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to Samba.  I have it installed and with SWAT.  I have
successfully added a couple test unix accounts and a couple test samba
accounts.  I can successfully connect to the samba file server via Windows
ONLY when my Windows username is the same as the test unix/samba account
name and I must supply a password.

What I want is to have a PUBLIC account/folder on the SAMBA server of which
ANYONE, regardless of Windows user account name, to connect to, WITH a
single generic password.

So basically whether someone plugs into our network with Windows name "BOB"
and someone with Windows name "SUSAN" they can both connect to the public
folder on the server and push in the correct password.

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction for this?  Thank you!