[Samba] Authentication incompatibility?

Jon Foster jon-lists at jfpossibilities.com
Sun Feb 18 02:43:53 GMT 2007

I've tried to build several different version of Samba and they all have
the same problem as long as I use the client I build I can connect to
the server I built. However the client I built can't connect to other
Samba or windoze servers and other samba clients and windoze machines
can't connect to the server I built. The error always points to the
password being rejected.

I am compiling on an Athelon/64 that is running a 32 bit install of
Linux. Is one of the "auto*" tools getting confused? Or is there
something else someone knows about that might be causing the
authentication process to be incompatible?

THX - Jon

--
Jon Foster
JF Possibilities, Inc.