[Samba] samba performance

Srini v.vvsrini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:12:35 GMT 2007

Did you restart the samba service after changing the socket options?
Performance will also be dependent on the hardware configuration of
the clients/servers. It has been pointed out that with the latest
Linux 2.6 kernels, you need not specify SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF. Were
you measuring the READ or WRITE performance with this Samba server?

srini