[Samba] ClearCase Interop problem with recent Samba versions

Masopust, Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Wed Feb 14 07:20:36 GMT 2007

Dear all,

I have a SUN server running as ClearCase view-server and am using Samba
for Interop. Today I updated Samba from 3.0.21c to 3.0.24 and now I
cannot mount/start my views from windows!!

MVFS error log on my windows client gives "{8 pid/tid 49800000c58/85fdf178} MvfsFsNotification: Unsupported filesystem type (6)"

Samba logs don't show any error...

Trying other Samba-version (3.0.23a|b|c) gives the same result, only
switching back to 3.0.21 solves this.

Has anyone else seen this problem? And maybe solved this?
Anybody know what changes have been done in filesystem types between 3.0.21 and 3.0.23?

Thanks a lot,
Chris

	Christian Masopust

	SIEMENS AG  PSE SMC CI E CM
	Tel:   +43 (0) 5 1707 26866
	E-mail: christian.masopust at siemens.com
	Addr: Austria, 1210 Vienna, Siemensstraße 90-92, B. 33, Rm. 243
	Mailcode: