[Samba] Problem with authentification Samba 3.0.24

Michael Paarmann samba at squit.de
Tue Feb 13 19:21:03 GMT 2007

Dear listmembers,

a few weeks ago i've installed a server based on openSUSE 10.0 and Samba
3.0.20
in addition to two existing Windows 2003 servers. My aim is to replace the
Windows servers in medium term.

The Samba server uses Kerberos v5 to authentificate the users against the
W2003-Server. The W2003-Server ist the primary domain controller, the other
W2K3-server is the "backup domain controller". Samba is a domain member (via
server = ADS). Nearly everthing works.

But now my problem: The first connect to a samba share needs nearly 20 (!)
seconds to be finished (via network places or via network drive - it's the
same). If this connect is done, everything works fine.

The logfiles show no(!) error or timeout or something like that.

Have someone a clue, how i can disable the timeout at the first
authentification? I've updated from 3.0.20 to 3.0.24, but nothing happens in
that way. Other errors were fixed, but the timeout is the same.

Thanks in advance for every hint.

Regards,
Michel