[Samba] Samba Domain authentication and shares

Kevin Gutch kgutch at protechemail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:58:11 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have been able to use Samba to join our Win2003 domain. I have also
setup folders and permissions in the smb.conf file. I can browser to the
Samba Shares 2 ways, thru network neighborhood and by UNC/ip address.
Both of these methods prompt me for login which is not successful. I
assumed that if I userA had permissions to a folder in the smb.conf file
that Windows userA would e able to access wit no problems as long as he
was logged onto the domain.

Does anyone have any suggestions or troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,

Kevin