[Samba] Exceeding Idle Connections...

Necos Secon secon_kun at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 11 06:25:12 GMT 2007

I have a machine running 3.0.23c that has been patched to use 700
connections before running out. However, I'm still having issues with idle
connections running out. I have roughly 1000 machines on the network that
need to access this server (it's a printer server for the high school with
~120 printers shared through CUPS). I'm wondering how I could go about
solving the idle connection issue. Should I just keep increasing the number
of idle connections?

I'm running Slackware 10.2 with 2.4.31 kernel. Has anyone been able to
reproduce this issue? Any help would be appreciated

Theodore Charles III
Network Administrator -- Los Angeles Senior High