[Samba] FreeBSD and Winbind

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Thu Feb 8 00:53:46 GMT 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 10:44, jhall at vandaliamo.net wrote:
> To be more specific I think I have made a mistake copying the libraries to
> the proper location.  I was not able to find libnss_winbind.so in
> /usr/samba/source/nsswitch.  Instead, I found nss_winbind.so.  Is this the
> correct file to copy?  And, where should these files be copied to on
> FreeBSD?  From what I have read so far, I am guessing these should be
> copied to /usr/lib.

Why aren't you using the port? It should Just Work(tm).

You can keep the nss shared object in /usr/local/lib because FreeBSD will
mount the disks very early on.

> My nsswitch has the following configuration
> passwd: files winbind
> group: files winbind
> group_compat: nis
> hosts: files dns
> networks: files
> passwd_compat: nis
> shells: files

Try removing the _compat entries.
For LDAP I have this..
group: files ldap
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: files ldap
shells: files

And getent works fine. You could try cranking up debugging in Winbindd too
(not that I've ever used it)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum