[Samba] Move Vs Copy

M Azer azermina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:43:32 GMT 2007

[shares]
        comment = Deptartments Share
        path = /shares/
        public = no
        browseable = yes
        writable = yes
        directory mask = 0770
        create mask = 0770

under [share] i have the following 4 folders:

[root at itbox shares]# ls -l
drwxrws--- 2 root devel              4096 Jan 31 17:41 devel
drwxrws--- 3 root finance           4096 Jan 31 16:49 fin
drwxrws--- 4 root it                    4096 Jan 31 17:22 it
drwxrws--- 4 root Domain Users 4096 Jan 31 17:41 pub

as you can see each folder is owned by its group and chmod g+s is set on all
the folders to keep the group ownership to newly created folders/files

Thanks for the reply

On 2/1/07, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel <felipe at paranacidade.org.br> wrote:

> --

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you
will never grow." Ronald E. Osborn