[Samba] howto : Samba + LDAP

Danny dineshg at hostway.com
Thu Feb 1 06:10:49 GMT 2007

Hi ,

Thanks for your help.

Basically I am trying to setup a samba file server where can people can
store their private files in it.
The authentication will be done using ldap.
For example : -
$ smbclient -U <ldap_username> //<samba-server>/homes
Password: ***ldap password **

That is it !

Is it possible to do this, with the below mentioned object classes ?
---------
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson