[Samba] scannedonly samba anti-virus vfs module

Olivier Sessink lists at olivier.pk.wau.nl
Mon Dec 10 19:53:47 GMT 2007

Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 06:54:46PM +0100, Olivier Sessink wrote:
>>> What is the best way to keep you informed as we modify the
>>> VFS layer ?
>> I was hoping that somewhere in the future the vfs module part of the
>> code could be included in the samba source. I'm not sure what the
>> requirements are for that. But it would make things very easy for
>> end-users (end-administrators). Compiling the vfs module is right
>> now a bit of a hassle for users that don't compile samba from source
>> themselves.
>
> Can you post a patch against the git repo v3-2-test branch
> that adds your module?

I'll have to dive into GIT then first (I've never left good old cvs up
til now), but I'll see what I can do.

is it a good idea if somebody would first give a review of the code
before merging it? Changing code after the merge is probably more
difficult (sending a patch to a maintainer, the maintainer merging the
code, etc.).

regards,
	Olivier