[Samba] print server and logs

Philippe Rousselot samba at fertill.net
Wed Dec 5 20:09:29 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have a print server on ubuntu gutsy using samba and cups.

all users are able to print from the server and their name appear into
the logs (i am using phpprintanalyzer)

if I try to print from another pc, it prints fine but then the name of
the user is nobody instead

how to make sure that the name of the user will be inscribed into the
log when the user is on a remote machine.

thanks in advance

Philippe

smb.conf :

[global]

       workgroup = ATC
       netbios name = SERVATC
   passwd chat = *New*Password*      %n\n*Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   syslog = 0
   name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
   printcap name = CUPS
   show add printer wizard = No
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
   add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd       -s /bin/false -d
/dev/null %u
   logon script = %a.bat
   logon path =
   domain logons = Yes