[Samba] newbie

Peter Edley peter at cww.org.uk
Fri Aug 31 15:11:48 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm playing around and trying to teach myself some basic samba stuff.  I got
the system setup as a PDC no problem win xp clients logging in.  Everything
working well.

Then decided could i set up a second pdc for a different domain got this
working fine to, then created a 2 way trust between the 2, with a view to
the following.

Domain A
      pc1
      user a
Domain B
      pc2
      user b

What i want is for user b to be able to use pc1 to login to domain B.

Now
user a on pc1 can log into domain A
user b on pc2 can log into domain B

But
user b on pc1 gets domain not available.

I ran net rpc trustdom lists on both servers and trusts appear to be set up
correctly there.

Any help please

Pete