[Samba] Help with roaming profiles and drive letter mapping...

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 29 20:50:42 GMT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, John Drescher wrote:

>>> Are they the unix owner of the folder containing their profile? Are
>>> you using acls on your unix filesystem?
>>
>> They are the owner of files created by them.
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of your question.
>>
> Then you are probably not using this.
>>

> Have you examined the log files for errors during login?
>
> Also have you tried using the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to
> enable "Computer Configuration\Administrative
> Templates\System\User Profiles\Do not check for user
> ownership of Roaming Profile Folders".
>
> John

I ran through the config file again and commented out some of the lines
when comparing them to the sample config file at
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/s1-samba-servers.html

and finally got it to work.

Thanks for the help.

Scott