[Samba] Help with roaming profiles and drive letter mapping...

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 29 19:16:32 GMT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, John Drescher wrote:

>> add user to group script = /ulllllllsr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
> Although this should not be the cause of your problem, Is this correct?

No.   A stuck key along the way.  It has been corrected.

> After logging in to windows do your users have access to their
> profile? I mean can they browse \\%N\profiles\%u and change files?

Initial login warns that a profile cannot be loaded and a temporary one is
going to be creatd - any changes to the profile will not be saved.

Users are able to browse to the \\domainname\profiles area and create new
files.

> Are they the unix owner of the folder containing their profile? Are
> you using acls on your unix filesystem?

They are the owner of files created by them.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of your question.

> John

Scott