[Samba] Problem with netlogon\logon.bat not mapping all drives

Jai Lamerton jai.lamerton at sial.com
Tue Aug 28 06:08:15 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have searched for some reason but
cannot find any.

After migrating from a previous samba-3.0.10 (I think) PDC server to a newer
samba-3.0.23c server on Centos5, I have the strange problem that my XP
clients no longer map all the drives listed in the logon.bat during logon,
however if I run logon.bat manually after I'm logged in, all drives are
mapped fine.

My logon.bat file:

@echo off

NET TIME %LOGONSERVER% /SET /YES

NET USE * /DEL /YES

NET USE H: %LOGONSERVER%\%USERNAME%

NET USE I: %LOGONSERVER%\drivers

NET USE P: %LOGONSERVER%\public

NET USE S: %LOGONSERVER%\software

The only drive that sometimes gets mapped at login is S: the last one in the
list.

My suspicion is that samba is not responding with the shares fast enough.
However adding a 15 second delay to the top of logon.bat does not seem to do
the trick.

Regards,

Jai